Thursday, December 13, 2007

This 'n That


Yes, it is snowing out! It's dark too, but I decided to try a picture anyway. There doesn't seem to be any doubt that we will have a white Christmas this year. I can't believe that Christmas is only 12 days away!! YIKES! I need to finish up my Christmas shopping and get packages in the mail. Like many others who are paying top dollar for gas and $3.00 per gallon on heating oil, it is be a slimmer Christmas. But Christmas, just the same...
We have been so busy working hard on our schoolwork. I barely have time for anything else. Tyler starts his school work at 7:30 a.m. We start with me teaching him Math. Then I add Christian and Rachel at 8:00 a.m. We break for lunch at noon. Usually Rachel and Christian only need about 30 more min.-1 hour after lunch. Tyler requires more time if he expects to have no evening or weekend work. Most days, even he is done by 3:00 p.m. Then it is time to go to whatever activity is scheduled for that day whether it be music lessons or dance lessons or soccer training. I feel as though we are racing through the days.
This is why I so love snow!! A good snow storm cancels outside activities and gives you time to catch up with yourself. Today's storm was great timing. I needed to correct papers and help Tyler study for a big Biology exam. Robin needs to do some extra computer stuff for work. Rachel has been playing lots of piano today. I bought her a couple of books of Christmas music right on her level and she has been very excited about learning the new songs. Christian is playing a bit with the piano deciding if he would like to learn the piano alongside of already learning the drums. Anyway, it is a good night to be home!
Today I bought supplies for baking Christmas cookies. Too bad I forgot that I promised to bring appetizers to the Ladies Christmas party tomorrow night (church event). Yep, typical "Karen" move!! ;) Oh well, I guess I will pick up a veggie platter on my way there tomorrow. I really can't wait! It is my first ladies event in our new (newish anyway) church. I am excited to get to know more of our ladies. Our church is so friendly and loving. We are just having a blast there!!
Well, I best go get Tyler studying...
Have a great night!

No comments: