Thursday, December 11, 2008

I've been kinda quiet...

I have been kind of quiet here on my blog. Sometimes I just feel that way. Lately I have been reading "Lies Women Believe" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. God has used this book to bring out many areas in my life that need to change. There are habits that need to stop, other habits that need to start. I need to live more contentedly, more leaning minute by minute on the Savior.

All this makes me a bit pensive and not so "wordy." :)

On the *everyday side* of life I am looking so forward to our Christmas break. Robin has next week off and we will do lots of school work and I will love having two teachers! He'll teach High School with Tyler. I'll teach 5th and 6th grade only. YAY!

Then over Christmas break I'll spend some time planning out January, grading what we have done and tucking subject samples into portfolio notebooks. We'll be start some new things. Tyler will be doing a new curriculum by IEW on Literary Analysis. Christian and Rachel we do some IEW for writing skills. We'll also move from our study of the Middle Ages and move into the Renaissance. I plan to get Tyler two other new books: "Do Hard Things" and "Created for Work".

Somewhere in there we will have great fun celebrating Christmas!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, Karen. I get pensive at times, as well. I'm so glad that your dh will take over high school for you! When my dh is home, my schedule goes out the window! I want F1 to read both those books that you have for Tyler. Let us know how they are.