Friday, November 28, 2008

Time at Home

I've had some nice time at home during the Thanksgiving Holiday. It feels good! I love, love, love to be home especially when the weather grows cold. I also love doing homey things like cooking and knitting and sewing and decorating. :) I did start some knitting. I am making some dishcloths with the "Grandma's Favorite" pattern. I'll show them another day, maybe tomorrow. Perhaps I'll get going again on my Monthly Knit Along group and catch up; ya never know!

Today it snowed a little. There was great excitement and shouting throughout the house when the discovery was made. It is gone now but here it *was*:



I also did a little cooking with leftovers. I made mini turkey pies. Robin made up some pie crust (his comes out so good!) for me. I just put it in muffin pans and then added leftovers dollop by dollop.


I used turkey, mashed potato, carrots, dressing and a dollop of gravy in each.


Voila!


These are going in a freezer bag and in the freezer for lunches. Tomorrow we'll make turkey wraps. We make homemade tortilla shells and put in the leftovers. Robin likes to also add cranberry sauce in these. When done they'll also go in the freezer for lunches or quick meals. I'd also like to make soup.

What do you do with your leftovers?

3 comments:

~ Laurie said...

Tonight is a turkey pot pie...but instead of pie crust we use stuffing! The kids LOVE it that way :) (Only stuffing on top..and nothing on the bottom)

~ Laurie said...

And for the first time EVER(!!) I boiled my turkey carcass...but instead of soup with the pieces of turkey I ground it up for baby food!

Patty H. said...

karen, these looked so good.