Saturday, November 03, 2007

Saturday's Penny Pinching Thoughts

This week I rediscovered "GoodWill". A friend of mine kept insisting I visit this certain GoodWill store south of me. Finally I have and I am so glad I did!! Now, I am picky. I won't buy anything with stains, holes, or too much sign of wear. I want it to look new or nearly new. Oh I found so many great deals for the kids and all of them good name brands like "Arizona," "Nike", "Gap", "Old Navy" and the like! I found:

For Tyler:
1 pair of jeans, 2 pairs of athletic pants, 1 winter coat.

For Christian:
1 pair of jeans, 2 pair of athletic pants.

For Rachel:
3 pairs of jeans, 3 shirts, 1 sweater, 1 shrug.

All totalled it cost $18.75! If had chosen Wednesday to go it would have been half price! This week we will go back to see what we can find for my husband.

In other penny pinching news, we signed up for "Ebay" today. I hope to list some curriculum there. I am going to check out "Vegsource" too and see where I might do better. Hopefully it will put some Christmas money in my pocket.

I have two goals this week. The first is to find consignment shops that will buy used adult and children's clothing. I have some clothes in pretty good shape I think I could sell to them.

My other goal is to sign up for "Freecyle." This is an internet yahoo loop where people list things they are willing to part with for free. The website is http://www.freecycle.org/ . You put the name of your town/city and state and it will tell you the towns/cities near you that participate. I'll tell more about it once I sign up! :)

I hope you are all having a great weekend! I am off to do some knitting. I made up a new pattern called "Nubbins". It is cute. I'll post a picture and the addy for the pattern hopefully tomorrow.

"Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs." Ps. 100:2

4 comments:

~ Laurie said...

Which Goodwill was it?

Robin said...

It was Sanford. If you go on Weds., everything is half price!! I went on a Tues. :) Love, Karen

Anonymous said...

I love a good bargain too! It is neat to see how the Lord provides, isn't it!!!???

We have snow forecasted for tomorrow, Karen! It's coming!!!

Pam - Langhaven

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen! I am back the world of blogging. :)

You got some great deals, Karen. I saw live and in person just how well Free Cycle works in NYC. A person could literally build a house and furnish it in one year if they were active in it in a big city.

My girlies and I just spent 3.5 weeks in New York City in October. (Staten Island for much of it.) I took a lot of photos - 1,850! I have narrowed them down to 245 now. I am going to be blogging about that adventure over the next few months. But, for now I have some new autumn photos up on my ‘new’ blog. I decided to start fresh for reasons mentioned on my freshly written “About Me” page.

http://robinstrassefotographie.wordpress.com/

Have a wonderful day, hugs, Robin