Monday, April 21, 2008

"Don't You Get Bored?"

Spring inspires me! With spring, the sun streams into the house brightening everything. With all that bright light I start to see cobwebs and dirt that I had not noticed for a bit! It brings that feeling that makes you want to see everything look clean and crisp! I am truly thankful for those feelings; they are so motivating. With all that natural light I start cleaning.

Then as I move around to clean things I notice clutter that is in my way. So, of course, I begin to think that I need to declutter and get stuff out of the way. Less is more, right? Really *stuff* annoys me and makes me a bit claustrophobic! I really want to be a minimalist. Of course I can't just get rid of everyone elses *stuff* but I am anxious to make those famous four piles: "Stuff to keep", "Stuff to donate", "Stuff to sell", "Stuff to throw away." Just the thought makes me smile! :)

Oh and as I open my windows, I notice how warm it is out. So I head out to read in a comfy lawn chair. But...hmmmm...the lawn sure needs to be cleaned up...oh and the trim could use some paint...maybe I can start washing the windows. Before I know it, there I am, rake in hand, starting to clean out garden beds which of course leads to more planning on seeds and seedlings to buy...


(Can't resist showing my lilies that are poking out beside the leftover snow!)

Exhausted I come into the house and decide to read some blogs to rest. Well, I see Bren is quilting and Lindy is knitting and Cheryl has painted her pantry. Sylvia will be sewing for reeenacting and she's planning her menus today, Wardeh will be sewing and cooking... I look toward my sewing maching with longing...do I have time to dig out my quiliting? Or maybe I should catch up on my knitting?

Woops, I am suppose to be helping my 4th grader with her Math and I still need to get our Science Lapbook ready...and...and...and...


(Here is that Math student now, with her new glasses on!)

Once in awhile someone will ask me how I keep from getting bored since I don't have a career. They look at me funny when I giggle...

3 comments:

Emily Cole said...

Karen, I understand this post completely! I have just spent the day trying to get all of my laundry done, but also picking up other toys and 'things' around the house to try to create a general orderly look... I get distracted though, and will still have to work on it tomorrow! I'm checking blogs, while I should get my daughter into bed, and longingly glancing over at my sewing machine... wishing I had more time so I could get all of the things done I want to do today!

Pam said...

Oh Karen! This is SO TRUE!

~Bren~ said...

Too funny!!! I am so enjoying my quilting time, but to tell you the truth, it is out of necessity. I have to mail that 4 seasons piece by the 1st. and the 9 patches are already late! I do work better under the gun though. I wish I could pick up a book or sewing out of pure enjoyment, but like you there is always something else....IF you look!! Can you read with your eyes closed???