Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Our snow banks are shrinking each day!

There is so much to be thankful for this week:

1. I do love my house and I am thankful for this provision. We purchased it as a "fixer upper" so at times I get caught up in what needs to be done. Instead I need to focus on what is done and the fact that the size is just right for us, not too big and not too small.

2. Rachel had her piano recital this week. She played 3 songs. She did SUCH a BEAUTIFUL job! She does not really struggle with nervousness. God has gifted her to be able to perform and be relaxed!

3. I have been able to visit Goodwill and The Salvation Army over the week. We found one pair of pants and one pair of capris (Levi's!) for Rachel, books for Rachel and Christian for fun reading, two shirts for Rachel, a church shirt for Christian (Old Navy!), a soccer shirt for Tyler (Nike!).

4. Today I will hopefully visit a new Goodwill store. I like how Goodwill is organized because they separate the kids clothes by girls/boys and by size. So I can whip through those racks fast! I only buy name brands, those brands you KNOW will last!

5. Christian is on this FABULOUS baseball team. The coaches are godly men, 7 of the kids are from our church! The kids, all 15 of them, have great attitudes and compliment each other for every good play. He is just so happy and I am SO happy for him!

6. The weather has been so beautiful! We have had sun and warm temps for 9 or 10 days straight! Today is another sunny day!

7. We have kept up with our homeschool schedule this year and are right on target. It hasn't been all easy, but WOW! I am happy to be on target!! The books will surely get finished this year!! Hopefully we will be on our summer schedule in 5 weeks! :)

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always." 1 Chron. 16:8-11

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit." Prov. 15:13

4 comments:

Lindy said...

Thanks for taking the time to post this!

P.S. I posted pictures of me in my costume! :)

FLCATXOK said...

I like your thankfuls!

Emily Cole said...

What a nice post! I'm glad you were able to find good things at goodwill and the salvation army - It's hard for me to shop there because my son wants to just run up and down the aisles! I love the color of your house... that a little brighter than mustard yellow! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that snow bank! Oh my goodness, it's been near 90*F here!!
I enjoyed your blog!
Love,
Linda
Faith6