Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mid Winter Projects





Happy Wednesday! Today we are getting another foot of snow with I nice layer of ice on top. Such is winter in Maine and we are getting it in full force this year!

The kids are finding projects to keep them busy, especially my younger two. Tyler stays busy enough with his High School work, Soccer league, and learning guitar. Christian decided he wants to learn Ancient Hebrew so he is deep into a book Robin gave him. The above picture shows his copywork of the alphabet. Rachel decided she wanted to make some Ancient Chinese characters with play doh so above is the fruit of her labor. :) She also just got a book on how to draw landscapes and how to draw people (I found what I think is the only book with instructions on drawing the human body when the models have their private areas covered!).

I have lots of projects on my list. I have tons left to do on my quilt from "Crazy Mom Quilts". I am drafting a pattern for a Lighthouse Cloth. I found a beautiful "Home Sweet Home" cloth I want to knit up. I am also determined to knit socks for the first time. Yesterday I bought Patons Kroy Socks Yarn. It is that cool yarn that makes stripes as you knit. I bought some double pointed sock needles too. I am ready to dive in!

I'll post project pics soon. The days are just flying by and I am finding little time for my projects. Tomorrow is Rachel's birthday and she will be 10 years old! I can't believe it!! Well, the lights keep flickering so I am going to click "Publish Post" while I still can! Have a great day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are soooo brave playing Playdoh. I haven't been that brave yet. Thanks for sharing your entry.

Anonymous said...

Lovely looking at your winter activities. I think I might try the playdough alphabet with my kindergartener. I sure wish you could send some of that snow here. We'd love it.

Love,
Adriana

Anonymous said...

Love the playdoh Chinese figures! Also laughing about the snow. We have a lot too!!! - Langhaven