Monday, February 18, 2008

Rachel is 10!

It has been a bit since I have posted! One reason is that we were focused on Rachel's birthday! She is a Valentine Child, born at 6 a.m. on Feb. 14th! She was our Valentine present from God.

We had a little family party on her actual birthday. You can see below the happy girl opening her new cookbook, new journal, and lights for her dance mirrors. :)







Her big party was this past Saturday at Eternity Dance Studio, her dance studio. The owner/head teacher taught a Hip Hop class with some classic Hip Hop moves, popping and locking and break dancing. Even the boys had a great time! They had a freestyle circle and played a Dance Freeze game too. After cake and ice cream and presents they all went back into the room to dance to some "Toby Mac", everyone's favorite. What a fun party!!

Here you can see my attempt at a "Hip Hop" cake!



Here's the whole crew! What a fun day!

6 comments:

Sara said...

What a fun day for her! I love the cake. :)

Anonymous said...

She certainly has grown since I began visiting your blog! Happy birthday1 And the cake is so fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy happy belated birthday, Rachel!

B. sent her a card for Valentine's Day. After she mailed it I asked her if she wished Rachel happy birthday. She said "Yes." Then she wondered if she had but that she meant to. I felt so bad - B. thought about her and really hoped she had a happy birthday. If it did not make into the card - she sure meant for it too. Hugs, Robin

~Bren~ said...

Happy Birthday to Rachel!!! 10 year old girls....I may need to e-mail you for some advice LOL!!
It was fun to catch up on your blog. I love the post on laughing at winter! You have the key to life...laugh at it!!

Lindy said...

Sounds like she had a great day! Tell her happy birthday from me.

Anonymous said...

sweet blog :) I saw you on CWO!!!