Thursday, February 07, 2008

What's to Love about Winter?





I am thankful that all of my children are learning an instrument. It is a wonderful gift to be able to play and sing music. And, there is plenty of time to practice in the winter!

Now you know, once spring comes, everyone wants to go outside. This is a good thing of course. But some things get put in the corner in favor of outdoor time. So I appreciate the "settledness" of winter when we practice our instruments more, learn more techniques in art and have time to focus on hobbies and learning.

This week it is snowing more than it is clear and my snow banks go half way up the length of our windows. BUT, won't the kids' music instructors be surprised at how well they know their instrument lessons (*wink*)!

3 comments:

~ Laurie said...

I'm glad to see someone likes winter! I'm surely done with it!

Anonymous said...

I live in New Hampshire, we got a little bit of snow today. Most of the piles are gone now.

Thought I would drop by and say hello.

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! Jeremy got a guitar for Christmas, and he loves to make "music".