Saturday, January 03, 2009

Sweet Saturday


(This is my little *blast from the past*. I think this was Easter 2006.)

Today is my Sweet Saturday. I hope to get ALOT done today!! It comes down, not to motivation for me, but DISCIPLINE! I'd like to sit and knit and there will be time for that if I can work hard. But there are just things that need. to. get. done.

1. Make sure we are fed for the weekend! Robin made up some pasta dough for me and we made homemade ravioli from it. I made up some meatballs for meatball subs. This was all because (a) I had ricotta cheese that needed a use, thus ravioli (b) I had sub rolls that needed a use, thus the subs. I also want to made 2 homemade pizza crusts so tomorrows *after church* lunch can be quick.

2. Make sure Children's Ministry stuff is organized. I am seriously thing of keeping it all at church as I just don't have room here. I might ask to use the computer there for labels and name tags, etc. Here is just cylces around the house and gets messy.

3. Clean the bedrooms. Mine is a dumping ground. It needs a new identity!! The kids...well we are in the process of getting rid of clothes and toys that have become unnecessary.

4. Get Christian and Rachel's school plans for the month in writing. I have head my head in Tyler's High School plans so deeply, I have let the other plans slip!

That should be enough to keep me busy today, eh?

Thank God every day when you get up that you have something to do that day which must be done whether you like it or not. Being forced to work and forced to do your best will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues, which the idle will never know.
~Basil Carpenter

No comments: