Thursday, June 07, 2007

Gardening...

The children and I worked a bit on the yard yesterday. You'll notice my yard is quite "rustic". I would love it to look manicured, but the combination of living in the woods, poor soil and the cost hinders me. So, we are doing our best with what we have! Rachel and I love to garden and love our flowers. My boys, well, they are willing to help (*wink) and I am thankful for that. Maybe they love flowers more then they let on... :)


See? Weeding can be lots of fun!

Now I have planted grass in this spot where the boys are and I just can't get it to grow. So we would like to put a little patio area here instead. It's fun to dream, isn't it?!

I am noticing that taking pictures is a great way to really look at the yard and see what it needs. Everything in front of the house is low. I probably need some height. I am not sure what to do with it. It would have to be something that could withstand shade. Any ideas?


I love irises! This year was a hard year for them because it poured down rain as they were blooming for 2 days straight. I really didn't think they would survive it so I am very glad they did!

I buy tuberous begonias every year! They are very forgiving to poor conditions and like the shade so they are perfect for me and give me summer long large blooms!


"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." Isa. 40:8






5 comments:

The Aubrinator said...

Those flowers are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love your yard....it looks like a family yard.

~ Laurie said...

how about some lupine in the front? They generally get larger and taller each year - my mom's now are HUGE. Course once they die back....hrm...thinking!

~ Laurie said...

how about some lupine out front? each year they tend to get larger and taller....
course once they die back what to put there...thinking!

~ Laurie said...

oh I'm SO dumb.....I keep wondering why my comment isn't showing up...for the same reason comments on mine don't....THEY HAVE TO BE APPROVED! DUH!