Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!



Happy New Year!! The above picture shows what I have been doing for a good part of the day! As I said before, I am finally making a quilt of the blocks I received from the past two years of T2CHK quilt swaps. I am "in the zone!" Were it not for my back I would have done the whole front panel but I must learn to take things in smaller bites these days. But I have finished building up the blocks that were shy of 12 1/2" square and I have completed these two rows. :)

I decided to take the blocks from the Friendship Star swap and line them around the outside. On the inside will be the 9-Square blocks. Then I will do a double border around the entire thing. This will be a good sized twin quilt. I will have 3, 9-Square blocks left. I will use two for pillow shams and one for a throw pillow. This quilt will mostly be used when guests come. I am excited to have a plan and to be getting it done!

I have been thinking about my goals for 2008. There are three thoughts strongly on my heart:

1. To pursue the joy of the Lord each day. (The joy of the Lord is my strength. Neh 8:10)
2. To be actively thankful each day and to make a thankful list each day. (Give thanks in all circumstances. 1 Thess. 5:18)
3. To be content. (I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. Phil. 4:12)

At times I just seem to get weighed down by life and it's cares. And you know, "if mamma ain't happy ain't nobody happy!" A wife/mom can be instrumental in setting "the temperature" of the house. I want to be uplifting and encouraging!

What types of goals do you have for 2008?

No comments: