Saturday, January 19, 2008

Savoring the Day

Hello and Happy Saturday!

Today I woke up with the thought, "I am going to savor today!" I am thankful for that thought. It even came before my first cuppa coffee, lol!

I am home today and then I will be attending two soccer games (indoor field of course). Whatever I do, whether it be folding laundry or tidying or cooking or knitting or reading or studying or quilting, I am committed to savoring the joy in it. You might have heard the saying, "wherever you are, be all there;" well that is what I hope to do.

These can be stressful days. With the prices of everything soaring and the bank account diminishing, it is easy to let the trials of life steal joy. But, I don't believe that needs to be. I believe that if I fix my eyes on Jesus and trust him with my circumstances I can rise above the circumstances and enjoy the simple joys of the day.

"Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights."
Habakkuk 3:17-19

I pray for each one reading, that you will have a day of trusting the Lord Jesus and enjoying the simple joys of the day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, thank you for this post. I have to admit I haven't 'savored' this day at all. I allowed something (someone's attitude) ruin my day, so I stewed and felt sorry for myself and my circumstances. I love the verse you gave. I'll print that off and tack it somewhere where I can see it often.
Blessings
Patty H.

Lindy said...

Thanks so much for posting that. That's one thing I've been trying to work on lately, especially on weekends. :)

Robin said...

Dear Patty and Lindy, Praise the Lord! I am so glad you were encouraged by my post. :) Love, Karen T.