Friday, January 11, 2008

The Square Formerly Known as "8"



The above square was my big project for today. I found this pattern at http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/ . She has one square per week and then when you are done you have a full quilt! This was square #8 for her but square #1 for me (thus my title!)! :)

This was a fun square, and despite having to rip it apart twice, it was easy! ;) I think I am either rusty or inexperienced or both! But I am going to try to make all of the squares and I think I will learn alot. At the very least, I know I will have many hours of enjoyment getting back into quilting. My plan is to do 2 squares per week until I am all caught up or it ends, whichever leaves me with all the squares complete and a pretty quilt on my bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your corners are so perfectly matched! I understand all too well the need to rip out and re-do seams. Last year I did a pieced border around the bottom of a dress I made for my daughter and only after it was finished did I notice that I had sewn it on upside-down!! AAAck!
Have fun doing the rest of your squares - I can't wait to see them. :-)

~ Laurie said...

Oh I wish I had the patience to sew!