Sunday, May 27, 2007

...And Then There Were Two...

(Pattern by Rhonda K. White, copyright 2005)

Here is my latest knitted dishcloth to add to my cotton blanket. It is a lighthouse which hopefully can be seen here!! :) It was fun to knit because of the variety with making the little holes that represent the light coming from the lighthouse.
I do find I am learning much from knitting these cloths. I am really a beginner, at least that is how I feel. From the cloths I have learned how to recognize the right side/wrong side of the piece better. I also have learned to slip, slip, knit as well as a yarn over on the purl side.
I also have completed another yellow sun pattern like the one I showed a week or so ago. Here was the bummer though; I ran out of cotton when I was casting off!! I was really praying to get through the second one with my leftovers. So, undaunted, I put the piece on a stitch holder and moved on to the lighthouse. I will get to Walmart soon for more cotton!!
Next on my list is a lobster pattern. I will post a picture when I am done. This is quite fun! Eventually I will decide how many of each pattern I will do in which color. I think my colors will be limited to blue, yellow and white. These are nice cottage colors. This is the look I am going for in the house. I love the cottage look with crisp, clean, simple decor! :)
Happy Sunday!
(Why am I not at church you ask? Well, after all that talk about knowing how far I can push my back, I overdid the gardening yesterday. There is no way I can sit in a metal chair so I am home resting my back today. I thank God for sermons online! I will pick one to listen to today as I knit!)

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed of hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything thorugh him who gives me strength." Phil. 4:11-13

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Lovely lighthouse! I wish I had the patience to sit and do that..:)

Faith6 said...

I love the lighthouse!
You're so smart!!

Patty H. said...

Karen, you are doing a great job with these. I love using handknitted dish cloths.
But you are going to make a blanket? Cool!

Robin said...

Hi Yvonne, Linda, and Patty! Thanks for visiting!! I am glad you like my lighthouse! :) If I am not totally sick of these after the blanket I might make some up for Christmas presents so it is nice to get positive feedback! Love,Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi. I love the lighthouse! I just searched for the designer's website after seeing your photo. It shows a teacup dishcloth I'd love to make too! So many cute patterns at that site.