Monday, May 28, 2007

Maine Lobstah!

No, we are not EATING the lobster, not today anyway! (*wink*) But this is my latest dishcloth design! I joined a Dishcloth Knit Along Group. Did I mention that? This is where I am getting these designs! I think I might make more of these up after the blanket is done for Christmas presents! Here it is:

Here is a close up of the lobster design:

It was fun to work up. My favorite so far is the Lighthouse. It was the most fun. But I do love the yellow cotton for the sun. Today I am off to Walmart for more "Peaches and Cream" cotton yarn. I will get more yellow and also a large spool of white. :) I am on a roll and hoping it continues so that I could have my blanket done by the end of the summer!
This week I need to construct my quilt blocks for the T2CHK Quilt block swap. I post a pic when I am done so my dear recipients will know what's comin'! It is a 9 patch and promises to be sheer enjoyable relaxation! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen! I continue to be amazed and delighted with your knitting skills. You should knit come lobster bibs. Or do only novices use bibs? LOL

I just get so inspired and motivated when I come here to read! :)

Patty H. said...

Karen these are so good! I'm not that good at knitting-I cna knit as long as theres no real pattern to it.
Thanks for you comment.

Robin said...

HI Patty and Sylvia! I am glad you like my lobstah!

Sylvia, it's pretty rare to see a Mainer (pronounced "Maine-ah") in a lobster bib! Sometimes the summer Mainers will be caught with one in a restaurant! ;) That is a good idea though!! The thought that I could inspire and motivate...wow! Love, Karen T.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the lobster cloth pattern? Please could you pass it on? (I'm nearby to Maine - in Nova Scotia, Canada.)

Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca