Sunday, May 06, 2007

Cheeseburger Chowder

(I so wanted to take a nice pretty picture of this soup in a bowl but it disappeared too fast! I guess that is a good sign though!! :) )


I recently picked up "Taste of Home: Quick Cooking" as an attempt to inspire myself out of my *cooking rut*. I think it is working! I tested out the "Cheeseburger Chowder" recipe on Saturday and it was a big hit with my husband. I plan to make a second batch for him to take to work for lunches. This is a nice, thick hardy soup that really stays with you! Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 ground beef
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1-3/4 cups milk
1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
1 Tblsp. taco seasoning
1 Tblsp. dried minced onion
1/2 tsp. chili powder

Directions:
Coarsely crushed corn chips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and chopped green onions, optional.
In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, milk, potatoes, chilies, taco seasoning, onion and chili powder until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 5 min. or until heated through. Garnish with corn chips, cheese and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Now I substituted 1/2 med. onion, chopped for the minced onion. Someday I want to substitute homemade cheese sauce for the cheese soup. But this was such a quick soup and my husband loved it, it is just fine the way it is!

2 comments:

The Aubrinator said...

That soup sounds fatastic!!
I'm going to print that recipe.

Robin said...

HI Aubree!! I was just wondering if you have tried the soup yet... Love, Karen