Monday, May 14, 2007

Marvelous Monday~Happy Thoughts, Happy Thoughts!




Here is the scene. I wake up Monday morning, my husband has a terrible cold and feel just horribly. The weekend elves snuck into the house during the night and trashed my house (I can't think of any other reason it would look like this, tongue in cheek!)! No one wants to do school work, including me! HAHA!! I want to quilt to be honest! So what to do, what to do?

Set the children to work on their schooling, not admitting that I want summer break more than they do!! Then I put myself in the direction of the room that annoys me most, the bathroom. I cleaned the sink, toilet, mirror. I take a note that I want the children to wipe down the shelves, window sill and radiator in the afternoon. Then I move to the kitchen and do the dishes. Then I vacuum the downstairs. I am not perfect, it takes everything in me not to slam around because I am just frustrated and don't want to clean. But thankfully, I am able to "act right" even if I don't "feel right." Next I switch laundry, ask daughter to quickly put away dishes that I would have to bend over for (bad back) and put the laundry from washer to dryer. Son takes out dog, other son cleans random papers off his desk so that he can FIND school work! :) (Thinking they needed a short break from school work anyway, wink!)

So I am feeling a bit better. Then oldest son shows me how he is ahead in some subjects and doesn't have too much in the rest, younger son offers to make lunch, daughter shows me how she is able to improvise a little on her piano pieces and add pretty sounding notes(she is 9 and has only taken lessons for a month!). Now I'm really feeling better!!

Somedays the mountain of what must be done just seems too high for me. I can't imagine how I can get it all done. Sometimes I can't get it all done as fast as I would like to. But I pray, "Lord I need your help."

"Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his annointed one. Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever." Ps. 28:6-9

The Lord helps me. My husband has a saying, "There's only one way over this mountain. We must climb it." So, one foot in front of the other, with a prayer to my faithful God and Shepherd for help, I begin to climb.

(Illustration found at www.allposters.com)

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Karen, I have such a hard time commenting on your blog. Maybe that's a good thing! LOL
Anyhow, I was blessed by your going on ahead and acting like you should when you felt differently. And the way your children work to assure you that everything is OK was sweet.

Robin said...

Hi Sylvia, Thank you for persevering because it is such an encouragement to get comments from visiting friends!! I am going to try to figure out how to lift the "comment moderation" feature. Maybe that is the problem. I don't really feel a need to moderate comments at this point. I have been blessed not to have received any spams or bad comments here at blogger!! :)

Yes, I am so thankful for my children. They know me so well and know when I need a lift! I suppose that is my REAL Mother's Day gift!! :)

Love
Karen

Lyn Lomasi said...

That was wonderful. I think we all need help from the Lord on days like that.

It takes great faith and strength to press on when we don't feel like it.

What else can I say? You said it all. :-)

Anonymous said...

Karen, I really like your blogging style. You write really well, and I've added you to my blog. :)