Friday, May 25, 2007

Yummy Bean Dip



Here's another "keeper recipe" that I got from "Taste of Home Quick Cooking" magazine. They call it "Layered Chile Dip".


Ingredients:

1 can (about 15 oz) refried beans
3/4 cup red chile sauce with chicken (I had to substitute in my favorite salsa which was still quite good!)
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
1 carton (12 oz.) prepared guacamole, opt. (I think this is entirely necessary; I make up my own and I will share the recipe below)
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup sliced green onion with tops
1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 can (2-1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained, opt.
Tortilla chips

Directions: In a medium bowl, combine the refried beans and red chile sauce, mix well. Spread the mixture evenly on a 9 inch serving platter. Blend the cream cheese and sour cream; spread on top of refried mixture. Top with guacamole, tomatoes, green onions, cheese and olives. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Guacamole dip:

Peel and puree one avacado.
Add 2 Tblsp of sour cream and 2 Tblsp of salsa. No need to be exact, let it be heaping.
1/2 small onion chopped or 1 green onion.
Mix well.

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Patty H. said...

This looks so good!!
Your doggie is so cute!
have a blessed weekend

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that look SO GOOD! LOL!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, Karen, this sounds soo oo good! We LOVE 7 layer dip! I think I'm going to have to make some for dinner one night this coming week...the kids will love it!

Robin said...

Oh yes, YUM! This stuff is addictive! LOL! Love, Karen